We’ve all heard about postpartum blues or depression, well at least the parents have, especially mothers. Postpartum depression is something which is very relatable to mothers.
But what if we told you that even dads go through it in their own way but they are perhaps unaware of it or even if they are aware then they are just trying to suppress it. And this is exactly what we are going to discuss in this episode of Pops In A Pod with one of India’s most prominent gynaecologist Dr. Munjaal Kapadia. Dr. Kapadia has over 17 years in his field and is also the host of a very popular women’s health podcast She Says She’s Fine.
We came across this article and that’s where it all started for Peter and me. Upon reflection, we decided that we need an expert to talk us through this. Below are the questions that we had a conversation on along with our own personal stories:
- How do you identify that your wife has Postpartum Depression?
- Does every parent go through it?
- Can postpartum also affect the dads?
- Once there is identification/awareness, how do you deal with it?
- Talking about Mental health is a taboo in India and how do we overcome something like this? In the study we read “that guys want to appear as tough guys so they don’t like to open up”
Listen to what Dr. Munjaal Kapadia has to say about postpartum in general and in the context to dads. If you have a story on postpartum to share then write to us on email@example.com . We would also be happy to receive your feedback and suggestions on the podcast. You can also message us on our Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/popsinapod/
The episode is available on all major podcasting platforms Apple, Spotify, Breaker, Google Podcasts, Gaana, Jio Saavn and many more. Or you can just click the link below and select the platform that suits you best.
Linktree – http://linktr.ee/popsinapod